You must have the rules of Articles ( A, An, The ) . We had covered those rules in our previous blog. If you haven’t read, you must read the Use of Articles from here. Now after covering the Rules of articles, we are preparing a Practice set for you. This Practice Set for Articles will provide you ample practice for the upcoming competitive exams. So get ready for the Practice Paper –
Articles Practice Set – 1
Fill in the blanks with appropriate Articles –
1.Mr Rudra Gupta is ———–S.P. in CISF whereas his sister Miss Kinjal is ————Lecturer.
2. ———cricket of Bihar is better than that of Odisha.
3. ———black and ———-white dog is mine.
4. ———black and ———–white dogs are ours.
5. Mumbai is ————-Manchester of India.
6. ———poor are hated by ———–rich.
7. Do you play ———–cricket every day?
8. He hit me on ———head.
9. ————breakfast is ready for you.
10. ———–more you work hard, ————better result you will find.
Answers for blanks – 1. an and a 2. the 3. the and No article 4. the and the 5. the 6. the and the 7. No Article 8. the 9. No article 10. the and the
Articles in Common Errors –
1.The English is spoken by English all over the world.
2. French is a beautiful race.
3. He went to an USA last week.
4. The man is mortal.
5. The secretary and poet are honored.
6. Moon is smaller than earth.
7. I will wait for you outside Taj.
8. Gita is my favorite philosophical book which I read daily.
9. Water in that pool is very sweet.
10. He is a boy who had won the award for honesty.
11. Water is essential for all creatures on this earth.
12. My mathematics is not strong.
Solution for Articles Practice Set 1-
1.English is spoken by the English
2. The French …..
3. the USA
5. the poet
6. the moon / the earth
7. the Taj
8. The Gita
9. The water
10. the boy
11. the given sentence is correct
12. My mathematics are …..
Keep visiting us for more Practice Sets of Articles and other topics of Grammar.