Are the M.Phil/ PhD holders are exempted from NET/ SET in getting jobs in Colleges- Read
In a great relief to all the candidates who have got themselves registered for PhD before July 11, 2009 can now be considered at par with those possessing NET certificates, says UGC.
Now all these candidates shall be able to fill all the vacancies in which UGC NET is mandatory. So far they were debarred from applying for these posts of Asst Professors in colleges and Universities.
This is a welcome move that will help a large no of PhD holders. It was a long pending demand by them. But by relaxing the candidates the Commission has fixed a no of conditions before them.
Check some of the conditions for applying for Asst Professors' Post ( PhD holders)
- The candidates must have obtained the PhD degree in regular mode.
- The candidates must have been registered for both M.Phil and PhD before 11th of July 2009.
- The Evaluation of the PhD must be done by two examiners from other university than the one from which the candidate is doing his/her PhD.
- There must be the open Viva-voce for the PhD holders.
- The candidates must have got their at least two publications published from their PhD work.
- The candidates must have attended the seminars/conferences and presented at least two presentations in them.
- It is to be make sure that the whole said work is to be checked by Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice Chancellor, Dean from Academic Affairs or Dean from University Instructions.
The candidates can enjoy exemption from the UGC NET if they have cleared all the said conditions.
Suggested Articles for You
|Career Guidance||Grammar Tips|
|Practice Sets||Exam/English Tips|
Useful information - How to get Asst Professor Job in colleges ?
Why has the UGC to take this decision ?
The biggest reason behind the decision is the shortage of teachers in the higher educational institutional in the country.
This move will help the more and more people to apply for the various teaching posts in the these institutions.
Controversy regarding this exemption of M.Phil - No Exemption ( M.Phil डिग्री को कोई छूट नहीं। )
The commission had given exemption to the candidates having M.Phil / PhD in the beginning. Mostly the NET candidates had big objections to this move ( Especially M.Phil exemption). They argued that there were many institutions in the country which provided such degrees for money. They say "Rules are widely flouted in awarding these degrees. On the other hand, the candidates have to do a lot of hard work clear UGC NET." So now only PhD candidates have exemption in getting Asst Professor Jobs in colleges, not M.Phil holders.