There are a large no of Entrance and Recruitment Exams ahead. There are competitive Exams for admissions to various courses. SSC, IBPS etc are in constant process of conducting Recruitment Exams for thousands of youngsters who are slogging to make their dreams true. There are four common subjects in almost all the Recruitment and Entrance Exams.
These are – General English, Mathematical Aptitude, Reasoning and General Knowledge or General Awareness. In the last portion, Current Affairs plays an important Role. For improving the knowledge related with the current affairs, the students are advised to read the National Newspapers on the daily basis.
- Know about Dr Ambedkar
- April 2017 Current Affairs Questions
- March 2017 Current Affairs
- Know about Virat Kohli
- Read questions / facts on Demonetization
- Questions on Budget 2017-18
- GK Questions on GST
- Questions on Rio Olympic 2016
- Facts related with Heart of Asia ( HOA) – Istanbul Process
- Click here for Question Paper related with Current Affairs
- 2015 Oct and Nov Current Affairs Updates
- GK Questions on Science
- Important Questions on Biological Sciences
- List of Prime Ministers of India and their respective Tenure
- Important Points of Union General Budget 2016 -17
- Key Points of Rail Budget 2016-17
- Read International Current Affairs from here.
- Read about Brexit
- Nuclear Suppliers Group ( NSG)
- Questions on SAARC
- Know about Indian National Flag
- Read Questions on GST
- Questions on 1857 Mutiny
- Ghagavad Gita related important Questions
- GK and Current Affairs Question Paper for HSSC/SSC/IBPS Exams
- Latest Who’s Who of India
- The First in India and World
- United Nations, Its Structure, Specialize Agencies and Chief Office Bearers
But sometimes, it becomes impossible for the students to spare time to read the newspapers and spot important information from examination’s point of view. So to help the students, we are making an effort to bring some Questions of Current affairs – State, National and International Level – on daily basis. So you are advised to visit us daily to update yourself with them. Therefore we advise you bookmark this page so that you can be benefited maximum.
- Name of Indian States with their Capitals, Chief Ministers/ Governors
- Schemes Started by PM Modi
- Check Questions related with Haryana GK and Current Affairs from here.
- UP GK Questions are available here.
- Read Rajasthan GK from here.
- Check some facts about Dr Abdul Kalam from here.
- Read About William Shakespeare from here.
- Click here for more GK Questions
- Chief Justice of India Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
- Practice Set for General Knowledge Questions
- Read about William Wordsworth and his Literary Works from here.
- Read Questions on Indian Constitutions from here.
- World’s Largest, Biggest, Highest and Tallest
- Questions on Indian History
- Assam GK
- Andhra Pradesh GK
- West Bengal GK
- Questions on Kalpana Chawla
The National Girl Child Day is celebrated on
Ans – January 24
India has become the World’s Largest Rice Exporter. Which country has it defeated to achieve this distinction ?
Ans – Thailand
Who has received 2016 National Yash Chopra Memorial Award ?
Ans – Rekha
The Soldiers of which foreign country became of the part of 67th Republic Day of India ?
Ans – France
Which the first state of India to allow the ply of Motors on alternate days with odds and even nos?
Where did the World Climate Change Conference take place ?
Who is the new Chief Justice of India ?
Mr. Tirath Singh Thakur. He took oath as 43rd Chief Justice.
Who is his predecessor ?
Mr HL Dattu.
What is the full form of GST ?
It stands for Goods and Services Tax.
Where did G 20 Summit take place ?
What was the main focus of discussion at G 20 Summit of 2015?
Three Gold Related schemes launched by PM –
Gold Monetisation Scheme, Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme and India Gold Coins.
Who is Nepal’s first woman President ?
Communist leader Vidya Devi Bhandari.
Founder and Chairman of Facebook
Learn GK and Current Awareness for Competitive Exams
South African President who visited India during India-Africa Summit.
Q. Who is the first Indian to win Asian Race Walk Gold Medal in Japan ?
Ans- Gurmeet Singh
Q. Which Indian Shuttler has clinched Swiss Open Title for 2016 in Basel?
Ans – HS Prannoy
About Virender Sehwag –
Popularly known as Multan ka Sultan ( Viru )
Batting Order – Opener
Date of Birth – 20th of October 1978
One Day Debut – in 1999 against Pakistan in which he scored only 1 run
Test Match Debut – In November 2001 against South Africa
Last ODI – Against Pakistan on 3rd of Jan 2013
Last Test Match – Against Australia in March 2013
T 20 Debut – Against South Africa in December 2006
Last T 20 Match – Against South Africa in Oct 2012
Total Matches –
Test Matches – 104
ODI – 251
Total Runs in Test Matches – 8,586
Total Runs in ODI – 8,273
Highest Score in Test Matches – 309
Highest Score in ODI – 219
General Knowledge Updates –
Who got Man Booker Prize for the year 2015 ?
Ans – Marlon James, a Jamaican for his book A Brief History of Seven Killings.
Name the book of Former Pakistan Foreign Minster Khurshid Kasauri which was launched in Mumbai ?
Ans – Neither a Hawk nor a Dove : An Insider Account of Pakistan’s Foreign Policy.
Which two writers have returned their awards protesting assault on freedom of speech ?
Ans – Nayantara Sahgal and Ashok Vajpeyi
For which work did Nayantara Sahgal get Sahitya Academy Award ?
Ans – Rich Like Us in 1985
Current Affairs and General Knowledge
Which award did Ashok Vajpeyi get and for which work ?
Ans – Lalit Kala Akademi for Kahin Nahin Wahin in 1994
How many millionaires live in India as per the World Wealth Report 2015?’
Ans – 1.98 Lakh
What does HNWI stand for ?
Ans – High Net Worth Individuals
What is the rank of India as far as HNWI Population is concerned ?
Ans – 11th Rank
Which country has topped this list?
Ans – USA with 43.51 lakh Millionaires
Who is BMW CEO ?
Ans – Harald Krueger
Prepare Questions of Current Affairs and GK
Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of India –
Mr. Nasim Zaidi
Other Election Commissioners are – Mr AK Joti and Mr OP Rawat
Who is UN Secretary General ?
Ans – Ban Ki-moon.
Who is Nepal’s Deputy PM ?
Ans – Prakash Man Singh
- WGC stands for World Gold Council
10th Compulsory for the Candidates in Panchayat Election in Haryana
Haryana has become the second state in the country to make mandatory the Minimum Qualification for the Candidates contesting Panchayat Election. The First state of doing so is Rajasthan. Check details from here.
Population related update – ( Religion based Census from 2001 to 2011 ) –
Total Population of the Hindus – 96.63 Crore ( decline by 0.7 % )
Muslims – 13.8 Crore ( 0.8% growth )
- Population of Hindus in % – 79.8
- Muslims – 14.2
- Christians – 2.3
- Sikhs – 1.7
For the Hindus the decline growth rate is 3.5%
For the Muslims it is 4.9%
Christians – 7.1%
For the Sikhs – 8.4%