2015 has gone and it has left behind many historical events that takers of the competitive exams must keep in mind. We are covering the eventful moments of October/November 2015. Later we shall cover 2016 Moments. Later we shall add questions on complete 2015-16 Current affairs.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjawal Yojana ( Free LPG Scheme for the Poor)
PM Modi Launched the Rs 8,000 crore PM Ujjawal Yojana from Ballia UP on 1st of May 2016. This scheme aims to provide 5 crore free cooking gas connections to BPL Families in the next three years.
Feb 2016 – Former CAG Vinod Rai has been appointed first chairman of the Banks Board Bureau.
Aditya Birla’Group firm Ultra Tech has bought JP cement plants for around Rs 17,000 crore.
Current Affairs for Oct 2015
1. Jimmy Morales was elected the new President of Guatemala.
2. MOU was signed between RBI and Bangladesh Bank for exchange of supervisory information.
3. eSahyog and PAN Camps were launched by Arun Jaitley
4. Vidya Devi Bhandari, a Communist Leader, was elected as the First Woman Prime Minister of Nepal.
5. MP Govt ensured 33% reservation to women in govt jobs.
6. From Oct 26th to 29th 2015, India-African Summit was organized in New Delhi.
7. While paying homage to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on his birth anniversary on 31st of October 2015, PM Modi initiated a new scheme called Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat to put emphasis on the unity of the country.
8. India earned the World’s 7th most-valued nation brand.
9. Supersonic Cruise Missile BrahMos was test fired from INS Kochi. The missile has a range of over 290 kms.
10. ISS ( International Space Station ) completed its 15 years of continuous human presence on 2nd of Nov.
Current Affairs for 2015-16
11. On Nov 3, Norway reopened its Consulate General in Mumbai after more than 4 decades.
12. Justin Trudeau was sworn-in as the 23rd PM of Ottawa. With him, 4 Indian Canadians were sworn-in as Cabinet Ministers.
13. PM Modi launched three Gold related schemes called Gold Monetisation Scheme, Gold Sovereign Bond Scheme and the Gold Coin and Bullion Scheme.
14. Swachh Bharat Cess of 0.5% was imposed by Central Govt.
15. India and China signed agreement in the field of water resources on sharing hydrological data on Sutlej river.
16. On 7th of November One Rank – One Pension Scheme ( OROP) for Ex-servicemen came into existence.
17. On the same day ( 7th Nov), PM inaugurated the 450 Mega Watt Baglihar Hydro Electric Power Project Stage – 2 on river Chenab.
WE shall update this post with more 2015-16 Current affairs facts. For More updates keep coming.