Haryana’s Annual Budget for the fiscal year 2016-17 has been presented by the Finance Minister Captain Abhimanyu. We are writing down some key points of this budget which may be helpful for the thousands of candidates who are preparing for the Various Written exams by HSSC and HPSC.
Key Points of Haryana Budget 2016-17
- Total Budget Size – Rs 88,781 crore ( 28.4% more from the last year’s budget)
- Distribution of the budget – Rs 40,256.21 cr ( 45.3%) earmarked for Plan Expenditure and Rs 48,525.75 (54.7%) for non-Plan Expenditure.
- Last Year’s Budget Size – Rs. 69,140 crore
- The state shall receive the total revenue of Rs 62,955.53 crore
- No new taxes have been imposed. Rather the relief is provided to those traders who were affected by the recently Jat agitation.
- The size of the Budget has been increased by 28.4% from Rs 69,140 crore last fiscal year.
- Rs 4,000 cr has been earmarked for the 7th pay panel ( Salary and Pension Bill).
- More funds shall be allocated for the Agriculture Sector, Power, and Education.
- The Debt liability is up to Rs 1,40,831 crore.
- Rs 6,373 crore shall be spent on the welfare works for SCs.
- Main focus shall be on SYL so that the state can get its due share of water.
- 325% hike for Industry
- International Airport at Hisar
- Rs 3916.94 Crore earmarked for Health Sector
- Tax exemption on the following products – Khal, Binola, Besan and Vermicelli.
- Focus shall be on providing 1.15 lac jobs to the youngsters each year.
Highlights of 2016-17 Haryana Budget
Read Complete GK of Haryana From here.
- New Schemes of Rs 1,657 Crore Rs shall be initiated on the occasion of Haryana’s Golden Jubilee
- PM Fasal Bima Yojna shall be started for which Rs 300 cr be spent.
- For Sports Complexes of International Level Rs 77.15 crore Rs shall be spent.
- Medical Colleges in Panchkula, Jind, Bhiwani and Karnal shall be opened for which Rs 400 crore has been earmarked.
- For Women and Child Development ( Gender Sensitization for which 9 more districts shall be covered) Rs 28 lac has been proposed
- Collateral Free Credit Guarantee Scheme under MSME New Entrepreneur Policy 2015 Rs 100 cr and Rs 500 Cr have been earmarked.
- For Tourism Swadesh Darshan Scheme- Rs 20 cr
- Wildlife Tourism – Rs 2 cr
- Pilgrimage Scheme – Rs 30 lac
- For Setting up a Ayush University Rs 10 Cr has been fixed.
Also read Haryana GK from here.