This Practice Set of Nouns is very important for the examinees of any of the competitive exams. This Practice Paper will help you gauze your preparation regarding Nouns. You shall come across your errors and certainly improve them. First of all read the Rules of Nouns from here.
Note – If you notice any error in the whole piece, don’t hesitate to tell us through comment box below –
Nouns – Practice Set 1
Find out the errors in the following sentences – Common Errors
1. The Indian team defeated the Lankan team by an inning.
2. Last year, I went to Kashmir and liked the scenery there.
3. These kind of shirts are not liked by me.
4. He gave me a hundred rupees note.
5. Virat Kohli has completed his 7 thousands runs in One Day International matches.
6. The Hindus, the Sikhs, the Christians, the Muslims all are brothers and must live together with love and peace.
7. This news has published in one of the esteemed newspaper of the country.
8. She provided me with two pieces of information I had been seeking for two months.
9. The child weighs only two stones.
10. Five yokes of oxen were grazing in the field.
Practice Paper 1 – Nouns
11. I met him several time last month.
12. There are two fruit for you in the breakfast.
13. His house town is Chandigarh.
14. She is our English teacher.
15. One of his son has gone to Dubai.
16. Fishes can’t live without water.
17. The price of production of this item is very high.
18. There were 54 candidates for lectureship.
19. They are my family members.
20. She is my cousin sister.
Answers – 1. an innings 2. the given sentence is correct 3. kinds 4. hundred rupee note 5. thousand run 6. brethren 7. newspapers 8. the given sentence is correct 9. stone ( here stone or stones both are correct, however, the preference is given to the singular form ).10. yoke 11. times 12. fruits 13. home town
14. our teacher of English ( English teacher is a confusing expression. The teacher may be from England such as English people. But the better expression is teacher of English , he/ she may be anybody from any region )15. sons 16. Fish 17. cost in place of price 18. the given sentence is correct 19. They are members of my family 20. Cousin doesn’t take brother or sister with it.
Explanation Regarding Sentence No. 16 –
The word ‘ Fish ‘ can be used as singular or plural.
For Example –
- There is one fish in the refrigerator.
- This pond is full of fish.
But, the same word ‘fish’ has its plural version also and that is ‘fishes’. It is used with plural numbers only . See the example –
- There is one fish in the refrigerator.
- There are two fishes in the refrigerator.
Keep visiting for more Practice Sets of Nouns.
One of his son has gone to Dubai
Please answer me
One of his sons has gone to Dubai.
‘Son’ is singular whereas ‘sons’ word shows pural noun
When we take ‘one of…’ then we take always plural form.
One of ke baad plural noun ayega. We use singular form of verb as per ‘one’.
We use plural noun+singular verb with one of.
Example -One of my books is missing.
One of takes singular verb and singular noun brother..
Ye wala sentence ka explanation……… She is our English teacher.
They are my family members….
English teacher means an English born teacher( ak angreji jo teacher h ) and teacher of English means English subject ka teacher.
here,she is my english teacher means that the teacher is from England.
In “They are my family members”,the sense is not specified…..
If there were ” the english teacher” then u can say it means “british teacher”.
They are members of my family our teacher of English ( English teacher is a confusing expression. The teacher may be from England such as English people. But the better expression is teacher of English , he/ she may be anybody from any region
Very helpful questions…
each question was very easy
but some of those r complicate
use cpmlicated here
Can I have explanation of Q. 19 and Q. 14. Actually I didn’t get those two answers.
Please check the article again.
Can you help me?
One of his son has gone to Dubai. Answer me please
One of after plural noun comes
Oooo my …god
19.They are members of my family
14.She is our teacher of English
Thanks for this I want more questions plzz
Sir please tell me ,like in these question ten thousand note is written instead of ten thousands note or sir .I have 54 candidates,( candidate)aayega ,or sir can u please tell me s kha aayega or kha nhi . Two months or sir numerical ke piche jo noun hoga vo singular nhi hoga jaise 2 month according to rule .
This is a group of 54 candidates. I have a 10 thousand rupees or 1 thousand rupee note.
Sir answer of 8th question of this exercise is wrong. Because ‘Information’ is uncountable noun so how can you use any numeral with uncountable noun.
Please check it again. Thanks
Uncountable noun se phle number aa ne par pieces of kind of types of ka usE krte hai
sir, in question no17 fish is the answer but the word fish is used in both in singular and plural sense plz explain sir
Explanation is available on the page now. So check it.
Fish can be use for both singular and plural ….fish – single fish ,fishes-many fish..,fish-same variety of fishes
You are wrong
defferent variety of fish, then it be fishes…otherwise number of same fish..remain fish..
Amit jha pr fish kind me ya cast me ya behaviour me ek jesi ho to wha only fish use hoga but jha pr ek fish dusri fish ko hi kha jaye wha pr fishes use hoga jese ocean me river me etc ok its correct
Can you give answer also
Yes, Please ask your question. I’ll try my best.
Hindus and muslims are brothers
thank u so much
I want more questions
sir this is good…can we have more