CBSE conducts its Senior Secondary Board Exams in the month of March for Fresh Candidates. For re-appear candidates the Board exams happen in Sept and March. There is cut-throat competition among the students for marks. They wish to outdo others in getting marks.
This time the 10th class exam will take place in one shift. It is for making the system more convenient. Read the whole story here.
Therefore besides hard work, they bank upon important material from examination's point of view. Here we are providing you 12th English Sample Paper/ Guess Paper for your upcoming Exams. The paper is strictly in accordance with the syllabus prescribed by CBSE.
CBSE Sr Secondary Exam English Sample Paper -
Section - B Writing Skills
1. As a librarian of SD Public School Ahmadabad, draft a notice in 50 words asking the students to return library books before the closing of the academic session.
You are Rudra Gupta/ Kinjal Gupta of Om Shanti Colony Kurukshetra. You are planning to go abroad. Therefore, you wish to dispose off your your furniture with other household items. Draft a suitable advertisement for the classified columns of any National Daily giving all the relevant details of the items you wish to sell.
2. You are XYZ of 10, Model Town Bathinda. You are highly perturbed by the insanitary condition in your area despite PM's call for Clean India Mission. There are piles of garbage here and there with stray animals making the scene worse. Write a letter to the editor of a national daily analyzing the problem and offering solution to it.
3. Make a speech on Role of Information Technology in the Progress of the Country to be delivered at Morning Assembly of your school. ( Word Limit - 150 to 200 words)
Your school organized a seminar on Importance of Co-curricular Activities in Students' Life. Write a report on it in 150-200 words for the students' magazine your school. You are XYZ, Editor of the magazine.
4. Write an article in 150 to 200 words on Demonetization - It's impact on Indian People and Economy.
To beat the pollution, the Delhi Govt adopted odd-even formula. Give your views in the form of the article for your school magazine in about 150-200 words.
Section C- Literature ( Poetry and Prose ) - CBSE Guess Paper for 12th Class
5. Read the following lines and answer the questions that follow -
I looked again at her, wan,
as a late winter's moon and felt that
familiar ache, my childhood's fear.
a. Who do 'I' and 'her' refer to ? How does 'her' face appear ?
b. What does the 'familiar ache' refer to ?
c. Name and explain the poetic device used in the second line.
d. What is the rhyming scheme in the above lines ?
6. Read the following questions in 30-40 words each ( Any Four)
a. How did the writer overcome his fear of water ?
b. What is the meaning of the line " I want no truck with death".
c. Why are the young trees described as sprinting ?
d. Why is grandeur associated with the mighty dead ?
e. What made the peddler think that he had fallen into a rattrap ?
f. Why did Gandhi feel that taking the Champaran case to the court was useless ?
7. What was the attitude of the average Indian in smaller localities towards advocates of Home Rule ?
It is normal for adolescents to fantasize and indulge in hero-worship. How far is it true of Sophie ?
8. The story is a satire on the conceit of those in power. How does the authority employ the literary device of dramatic irony in the story ' The Tiger King'.
Or At what point did Dr Sadao decide that it was time to get the enemy out of his house ?
9. As a scientist, how is Kemp different from Griffin ?
Or How did Griffin manage rob the vicar despite the Buntings waking up and catching him red-handed ?
10. Justify the title " The Hunter Hunted " ( The Invisible Man)
Compare and Contrast Silas Marner of Lantern Yard with that of Raveloe. ( Silas Marner)