After providing you the complete list of Indian Prime Ministers with their Term of Office, we are presenting you the list of Presidents and Vice Presidents with their Tenure. We hope that this endeavor of ours shall be beneficial for the students and candidates of various exams.
Indian Presidents and their Tenure -
- Dr Rajendra Prasad - First President of India with the tenure 1952 to 1957. We didn't get our President like the Prime Minister from 15th of August 1947.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad - He again became the President on 1957 and continued till 1962.
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan - He took office in 1962 and left it in 1967. He was a great educationist. He wanted to be remembered more as a teacher than the President of India.
- Dr Jakir Hussain - His tenure is 1967 to 1969
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri ( V.V Giri) - Acting President - From 1969 to 1969
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri ( V.V Giri) - This time he held the post for a permanent period from 1969 to 1974
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed - From 1974 to 1977
- Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy - He remained on the Post of President from 1977 to 1982
- Giani Zail Singh - From 1982 to 1987
- Ramaswamy Venkataraman - His Office Term is - 1987 to 1992
- Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma - From 1992 to 1997
- K.R Narayanan - He occupied this Supreme Constitutional Post of India in 1997 and left it in 2002
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam - One of the most popular Presidents of India. Popularly known as Missile Man. He took office in 2002 and remained here till 2007
- Smt Pratibha Patil - First Woman President of India who remained President of India from 2007 to 2012.
- Pranab Mukharjee - 2012 to ....
List of Vice Presidents of India their Term of Office -
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan - 1952 to 1962
- Dr Jakir Hussain - 1962 to 67
- Varahagiri Venkata Giri ( V.V Giri) - 1967 to 69
- Gopal Swarup Pathak - 1969 to 74
- B.D Jatti - He was the 5th Vice-President of India with term starting from 1974 and ending in 1979
- Mohammad Hidayatullah - 1979 to 84
- R. Venkataraman- From 1992 to 1997
- Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma - He took the office in 1987 and remained here up to 1992
- K.R Narayanan - 1992 to 97
- Krishan Kant - 1997 to 2002
- Bhairon Singh Shekhawat - His tenure was - 2002 to 2007
- Mohammad Hamid Ansari - 2007 to 2012
- Mohammad Hamid Ansari - 2012 to ......
For Feedback and such material you can use the comment box below.
Suggested Articles for You
|Career Guidance||Grammar Tips|
|Practice Sets||Exam/English Tips|