This page is completely dedicated to the Practice of Verbs/ Tenses. We have already provided you the use of Tenses. You can see this usage of Tense here. Now we are providing you some Practice opportunity by providing Tense/ Verb Practice Set – 1.
1. When he ——— ( Come ) here, we ———– ( sleep ).
2. They ————( go ) for walk often.
3. We ———-( take ) tea in the morning generally.
4. Two and two ———–( make ) four.
5. Rudra ——— ( cut ) grass this time.
6. When I ———–( go ) there, I will help him.
7. As soon as he ———-( enter ) the house, the light ———( go ) off.
8. The farmer ———( purchase ) the seeds before it ————( rain ).
9. After he ———( take ) his breakfast, he went to school.
10. I read this book after I ———( return) from the market.
11. I wish I ———( take ) this medicine.
12. It is high time we ———–( start ) this work.
13. They ———( prepare ) for exams for two years.
Practice Set of Tense/Verb
14. I ———-( write ) a novel for six months this time next month.
15. When he arrived, I ———( sleep) since morning.
16. The children ————( make ) a noise for the last ten minutes.
17. The teacher ———–( teach ) this time tomorrow.
18. She ———-( prepare) food by this time tomorrow.
19. He said that he ———–( not tell ) a lie.
20. He behaves as if he ———-( be ) a king.
21. If he ———–( work ) hard, he would have passed.
22. If you ————( invite ) me, I would certainly come.
23. If she ————( start ) now, she will compete the task in time.
24. India ———–( get) freedom in 1947.
25. They ————( kill ) the snake yesterday.
26. Would that we ————-( be) all birds !
27. Would that I ———–( know ) him!
28. ——— you ———( focus) on your studies, you could have got admission.
29. He ———–( take ) tea yet.
30. We ———–( do ) already our task.
1. came, were sleeping 2. go 3.take 4. make 5. is cutting 6. go 7. entered , went 8. had purchased, rained 9. had taken 10. will have returned ( if read is the 1st form, we use will/shall have +v3 and if read is the v3, we use had + v3 in the 2nd part. 11. took 12. started 13. have been preparing 14. shall have been writing 15. had been sleeping 16. have been making 17. will be teaching 18. will have prepared 19. would not 20. were 21 had worked 22. invited 23. starts 24. got 25.killed 26. were 27. knew 28. had focused 29. has not taken 30. have already done
We shall provide you some more Practice Sets in our upcoming articles. So keep visiting.
Please explain question number 10
Thank you so much for this Vishal Gupta ji… …I’m here for practising these forms…i have made some mistakes ….but I’ll try to improve…. Want more tests from u… On all grammar parts of English.. Thank You
I need tenses and negative question tag
its appealing website
for practice for beginners…
not so bad….but good for beginerz.. I want some more difficult
Sir translation wala bhi test shuru kijiye sir plzzz
Sure. Thanks for suggestion.
Struggling in use of were, had, have were,should
it was nice but I cannot understand
Try again. Also tell us what you couldn’t understand.
I can’t understand it ..I have learn all tenses but I am not able to fill the blanks.
What type of problem are you facing ?
contact with me.. I will teach you