As per the latest Notification from HBSE, Haryana Teachers’ Eligibility Test ( HTET) is now scheduled to be held in the month of Jan 2019. Read HTET Notification and Exam Related Details from here. With this notification, there is the stir among the candidates who had been waiting for the Eligibility test for a very long time.
Date of Tests are – 5th and 6th of January 2019
Latest Info about the Latest Syllabus / Pattern for Jan 2019 TET
As per the letter written to the Secretary, BSEH by Director Secondary Education, Haryana, there are changes in the Pattern ( Style) and Syllabus of HTET. So far there is the confirmation regarding Level 1 and Level 3 Exams. However, the concerned dept shall reveal information regarding the change in Scheme/ Structure/ Course for HTET Level 2 later. Check the change in Style/ Syllabus below –
Download Important Questions regarding HTET PGT English and Haryana Govt PGT English Recruitment Exam from here.
The Registration will commence very soon. But the candidates are also worried about the Test Preparation. Coaching centres have starting giving advertisement regarding HTET Coaching claiming that they will ensure success for the candidates who will take coaching from them.
- Download HTET Admit Cards.
- Read HTET General English Questions
- Practice Set for Child Development and Pedagogy
- Practice Paper for Reasoning
- Read Child Pedagogy and Development in Hindi
- HTET Sample Paper / Mock Test as per the revised Syllabus/ Pattern
But we tell you one thing here if your preparation is self and with proper strategy, there is no need of any coaching. Here in this article we are providing you HTET syllabus, Pattern, Last Years’ Question Papers and Tips.
We have poured our own experience in to this article. I myself had cleared HTET in 2008 in English and was the second Topper in the State with a bit of preparation. So I think my experience will help you in repeating the same story.
Updated syllabus and Pattern for 2019 ( HTET )-
HTET is held for PGTs, TGTs and JBTs. You know HTET is a 150 mark paper with 150 questions. The test has two parts – the first carries 90 questions and the second one 60 questions.
Level 1 Test Contents – Child Development & Pedagogy 30 Q, Hindi 15 Q, English 15 Q, General Studies ( Quantitative Aptitude 10 Questions, Reasoning 10 Questions, Haryana GK & Awareness 10 Questions), Math and EVS ( Environmental Science). The Govt has tried to emulate somewhat HSSC Pattern in HTET as well. The board has curtailed questions from Hindi and English and introduced Some New said subjects. Duration of the exam is 150 Minutes.
Level 3 Test Contents – Child Development & Pedagogy ( 30 Questions) , Hindi ( 15 Questions) , English ( 15 Questions) , General Studies ( Quantitative Aptitude 10 Questions, Reasoning 10 Questions, Haryana GK & Awareness 10 Questions) and 60 Questions from the concerned subject. Exam Time 150 Minutes.
- Total Questions – One Hundred and Fifty
- Qualifying Marks – Ninety
The 90 mark portion is common for all the examinees. This portion consists of English, Hindi and Pedagogy. The 60 mark portion is about the Specific subject. There is no negative marking at present. In English, the contents are – Comprehensions, Grammar and Vocabulary ( Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution etc).
In Hindi the topics are – Comprehensions, Grammar and Vocab. The Pedagogy part will test the educational and Children psychology of the children. In the 60 mark Specific Paper, the questions will come from the qualifying classes.
Preparation Tips for HTET 2021-2022-2023
- Now the question is how to prepare for HTET. As I have told you that there is the need of proper strategy to clear the test, so besides the hard work you need to focus on this strategy. Choose some book and start reading it between the lines. Start reading topic-wise and Subject-wise.
- For the Comprehension read newspapers. This reading will also enhance your vocabulary. Read 20 or 30 words of Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution etc a day.
- For Hindi, Learn Sandhi, Samas, Vocabulary from 10+1 and 10+2 NCERT Books. Pedagogy depends upon General Knowledge and discretion power, still you can read Psychology Books meant for B.Ed.
- In the Competitive Books, there is lot about Pedagogy and Child Psychology. Learn some theories and their propounders. Read last years’ question papers which are given in every book available at the market.
- Here it is important to note that if you wish to purchase any book for HTET Preparation, check if there are last years’ question papers or Sample Papers for practice. After covering the syllabus a bit, you are expected to do at least one sample paper a day. That would certainly improve your preparation and enhance your confidence.
Good Books for HTET Preparation –
Books play an important part in the success of the examinees. So selection of the books is a very crucial process. The book should be by good publications and good writers. You can purchase some of very good books from below –
Haryana Teachers’ Eligibility Test Paper- I Teacher Selection for Class I-V – https://www.amazon.in
There are books published by Arihant Publications, Upkaar Publications, Luxmi Publications, Student etc.
Website for HTET Previous Papers for understanding the level of the test: –
Click here for HTET Mock Test, Previous Years’ Question Papers and applying online.
Official website :