On this page we shall do the rest of definitions and examples of concepts
Intention can be shown from the following way –
- Use of Verbs like Intend, Plan and Mean
We intended to read this book.
- Use of Nouns like – Intention and plan
The boy’s intention is to clear this exam.
- Use of Going to + infinitive –
Students are going to study from this month.
Resolve, Determination and Willingness
These can be shown from the following way –
- Use of Verbs like Determine, decide and resolve. We can also use phrase Make up one’s mind.
They made up their mind to go out.
- Use of Will/ Would and Shall/ Should –
She will come this time.
We should do this work now.
- Use of Nouns like Resolution, Decision and Determination.
His decision is to open a school for the poor students.
- Use of Willingness/ Willingly/ Willing –
She wants to read this book willingly.
Purpose can be shown from following examples –
- Use of to –
He went to Delhi to purchase things for his shop.
- Use of that –
He eats that he may live.
- Use of So as to –
He reads this book so as to get good marks in the test.
- Use of For –
Ravi uses mobile phone to do online work.
- Use of Enough –
Sita is intelligent enough to top the class.
- Use of so –
He worked very hard so he passed the exam.
- Use of in order to –
Bhagat Singh gave his life in order that the country might be free.
- Use of For fear –
She did not take the exam for fear she would fail.
- Use of Lest…………should ( purpose ) –
Walk fast lest you should miss the bus.
- Use of So/ Such a ………..that –
The poor man is so weak that he can not write.
- Use of Too……..to –
The poor man is too weak to write.
Prepare concepts Part 1 from here.
To be continued……..