On this page we shall do the rest of definitions and examples of concepts
Intention can be shown from the following way -
- Use of Verbs like Intend, Plan and Mean
We intended to read this book.
- Use of Nouns like - Intention and plan
The boy's intention is to clear this exam.
- Use of Going to + infinitive -
Students are going to study from this month.
Suggested Articles for You
|Career Guidance||Grammar Tips|
|Practice Sets||Exam/English Tips|
Resolve, Determination and Willingness
These can be shown from the following way -
- Use of Verbs like Determine, decide and resolve. We can also use phrase Make up one's mind.
They made up their mind to go out.
- Use of Will/ Would and Shall/ Should -
She will come this time.
We should do this work now.
- Use of Nouns like Resolution, Decision and Determination.
His decision is to open a school for the poor students.
- Use of Willingness/ Willingly/ Willing -
She wants to read this book willingly.
Purpose can be shown from following examples -
- Use of to -
He went to Delhi to purchase things for his shop.
- Use of that -
He eats that he may live.
- Use of So as to -
He reads this book so as to get good marks in the test.
- Use of For -
Ravi uses mobile phone to do online work.
- Use of Enough -
Sita is intelligent enough to top the class.
- Use of so -
He worked very hard so he passed the exam.
- Use of in order to -
Bhagat Singh gave his life in order that the country might be free.
- Use of For fear -
She did not take the exam for fear she would fail.
- Use of Lest............should ( purpose ) -
Walk fast lest you should miss the bus.
- Use of So/ Such a ...........that -
The poor man is so weak that he can not write.
- Use of Too........to -
The poor man is too weak to write.
To be continued........