You will learn as to how to express different concepts and Ideas : Orders, Requests etc.
These concepts may be expressed in different ways. The verbs: order, suggest etc. and modal auxiliaries : can, may, will, shall etc are used with corresponding nouns.
Use of Commands ( Orders ) -
Commands can be there with the help of -
- Verbs - Commanded/ ordered/ told etc.
- Imperative - Rush!, Hurry!, Quick! etc.
- Let - Let us do this work.
- Must - They must no violate school rules.
- May not - To express prohibition in written request i.e Teachers may not use mobile phones in the exam centre .
- Can't - Stop! He can not make a noise here!
- Shall - in formal written control; generally passive construction, we use shall. For example - The professors of the university shall be appointed.
- Will - Mainly used in written advice by the people who have some authority. For example - When you are told, you will not go there.
- Be+ ' to ' infinitive - She is to deposit cupboard keys in the office before leaving it.
- No + gerund - No cheating here !
Use of Request -
Requests can be there with the help of -
Suggested Articles for You
|Career Guidance||Grammar Tips|
|Practice Sets||Exam/English Tips|
- Verb - She requested me to do her work.
- Noun - Ram's request has been accepted.
- Please/ will you - Switch off the light, please.
- Would you please - For advice and hesitation. For example - Would you lend me your pen, please ?
- Would you mind + gerund - Would you mind going there ?
- If you would - If you would go there.
- Would you like to........? - Would Radha like to share book with us ?
- Can/ Could - In an informal request
Can we see him ?
- May/ Might in Questions -
May I use your book at present ?
- Might - In statements
She might be in discipline this time.
- Might + perfect infinitive ( to show irritation at/ rebuke for the non performance of some action in the past.
She might have done this mistake.
- Must - They must help him or he losses his seat in NEET 2021.
- Just - Just remember positive things of life.
Wish + a clause - I wish I were the principal !
Use of Let - Let there be hope !
Use of Let .........shall we ?
Let's play now, shall we ?
Use of You couldn't..........could you ?
You couldn't help me cross this river, could you ?
Use of be + " to " infinitive - He is to be my best friend.
For more keep visiting this page........