How to get my Name and Date of Birth changed in CBSE Certificate?

This is the general problem with thousands of students ( in CBSE Schools ) who run from pillar to post to get their names, their parents’ name and date of birth rectified ( changed ). There is a relief for them that the information regarding their names and date of birth can be changed more easily. But for that there are some guidance which you can follow underneath.

The students must add their changed name while studying in 9th, 10th, 10+1 and 10+2 classes. Even after the 12th classes ( within a period of ten years from the date of issuance of first document).

Steps with documents required for getting the name and DOB changed in CBSE Certificate ?

  1. First of all the student ( not minor ) or father or mother or any guardian will file a written request which the HOI must send forward. The Written Request must be supported by the following documents –
  2. Original copy of two newspapers National Daily ( Hindi or English or in a Vernacular Language ) containing advertisement for desire to make the changes.
  3. Original Affidavit sworn before the Magistrate or SDM or Executive
  4. Main Copy of publication in the Government Gazette
  5. Payment of the Prescribed Fee for the purpose
  6. Original Copy of the Admission Form by the parents with the changes desired and attested by the HOI.
  7. Original Copy of SLC of the previous school submitted by the parent or the candidate at the time of admission. Thry must update it with the desired changes.
  8. Main Copy of the page of admission and the withdrawal register of the school with the updation and attested by the HOI.
  9. All these documents must be as per CBSE bye-laws 69.2 ( iii ).

Changing of Names and Date of Birth in CBSE/ HBSE

Check Revised Rules for getting names and DOB Changed

Note – The said request shall be entertained by CBSE only within one year of the date of declaration of result. No correspondence to the candidate shall take place afterwards.

Abbreviation – HOI stands for Head of Institution

Join the Discussion