Read a Report on Independence Day / 15th August Freedom Day Celebration in a School - Day - Saturday - 138 days left to 2020
It was a red letter day in the history of India when the country got her freedom on August 15, 1947. It took hundreds of years for us to break shackles of slavery. People of the country celebrate this festival every year with great pomp and show. The main Programme is celebrated at the Red Fort in New Delhi. Besides, this festival is also celebrated in every city and town, in school, college and university.
Our school also celebrates this festival every year. For this year, we had made all the preparations. In the morning NCC cadets of our school marched out in a procession through the main streets of the town with a band playing the National Song ( Vande Matram ).
For 2018 Celebration Fact - The day is Wednesday
From 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm, approximately 2500 lamps will illuminate the Red Fort. The cost of this illumination will be around Rs 3 Crore for covering the length around 1.3 km.
The Principal was the Chief Guest of the Programme. She hoisted the national flag on the school building sharp at 8:00 am. All the students and teachers saluted the flag and then sang the National Anthem with nobody moved honoring it. Then followed the Cultural Programme. Patriotic Poems and Songs were recited both by the teachers and the students. Some students also presented the group dance and skits.
Suggested Articles for You
|Career Guidance||Grammar Tips|
|Practice Sets||Exam/English Tips|
A Report on Independence Day Celebration in the School
In the end, the Principal delivered the short speech. She told the students about the supreme sacrifice the great martyrs who gave their lives for the sake of freedom. She also said that the freedom was very precious and it was very necessary to preserve it.
The Principal also told the students to follow the ideals of the great people like Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Subhash Chandra Bose etc. Then some more people delivered speeches on the occasion. All the speakers spoke about the significance of the historic day. They advised the students to become ideal citizens of the country.
In the end of the ceremony, sweet-balls ( laddoos) were distributed among the students. There was also the friendly cricket match between the teachers and the students.
The Independence Day has a great importance in every citizen's life. This day reminds us every year that freedom is sacred and citizens must do everything to ensure that it shall not be endangered.
Updates for 2017 Independence Day - This time on 15th August 2017, our PM make us take pledge called New India Pledge ( Sankalp Se Sidhi ). This pledge shall be for making New India by 2022. You can also include this pledge in your Report if you like.
The Pledge is -
- Let us together pledge towards a Clean India
- Let us together pledge towards a Poverty-free India
- Also Let us together pledge for a Corruption-free India
- Let us together pledge for a Terrorism-free India
- Let us pledge towards a Communalism-free
- Let us together pledge towards a Casteism-free India.
Happy Independence Day
Day - Saturday - 138 days left to 2020
Main Points of 15th August 2020 -
- We are celebrating 74th Independence Day.
- Our PM had given speech 7th times from the rampart of Red Fort.
- There was the effect of Corona Pandemic. There were no children in the Red Fort. About couple of Hundreds of guests present there. Each and every guest was wearing mask and taking care of social distance.
- Today PM started new scheme - National Health Digital Mission
- Under this scheme, no medical slip will be necessary.
- Every Indian will get the Health Id Card.
- PM focused on Independent India.