Message writing is a common activity. A message is a part of short compositions. Using this skill, a person is able to transfer information of one person to another one. Here you have to convey someone's message to other in the absence of the former. So you should have good writing skills to convey that message.
The message must be accurate, clear and brief. The receiver must understand it very clearly. If he does not get the clear message/ information, the purpose of writing it shall be futile. Use Indirect Speech for writing messages.
Important Tips - Main Points to remember -
- Follow these tips to write your message more clearly and effectively.
- No need to write sender's or receiver's full address
- Write down the complete date on the left hand side and time at the right hand side in the beginning
- It must be followed by a brief salutation e.g John, Sophie or Dear Aunt etc.
- The body of the message must be to the point. Don't miss important point/ information. You can't add anything of your own. Nor you can delete/hide some important information.
- The receive must receive all important information that the sender has sent.
- You can write a message in any of the tenses i.e Present/ Past or Future. But try to stick to one tense in one message.
- Sender's name or signature must occur at the end of the message.
- Then enclose your message in the box.
Model Message for Practice -
William : Hello ! May I talk to Rudra ?
Kinjal : Sorry, brother is not at home. He has gone to market with dad.
William : Hi Kinjal, when do we expect him to return home ?
Kinjal : He may be back by 6 p.m. Can I have a message for him ?
William : Yeah, please tell him that I, John and Paul are going to Book Fair in the evening at 6:30. We shall wait for him at my home.
Kinjal : OK, I'll convey your this message to him. Anything else.
William : No, thank you.
Sept 10, 20... 5:30 p.m.
William phoned you at 5:00 p.m. to inform you that he, John and Paul are visiting a Book Fair at 6:30 in the evening.
They want you to accompany them. You will have to reach William's home in time.